Storage heater hot at top, cold at bottom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought a second hand unidare wmx712 storage heater to replace an ancient storage heater in the house we just moved in to.

It appears to be working just fine however when it has charged overnight only the top half of the casing is hot, the bottom half is cool to the touch.

It can't be that an element has gone as I would expect one side to be hot and other cool, rather than top and bottom.

I have checked the output flap and it is closed when set to closed so it's unlikely to be that either.

Any idea why this may be, or would this behaviour be expected from these storage heaters?

Thanks in advance for any replies,

John

Sponsored Links
With storage heaters, the heat only comes out the top where the control flap is, so it is normal for the bottom of the casing to be cold.

That's good to know, many thanks!

I only had the old storage heaters that I ripped out for reference and they were hot all over the front panel, but then the front insulation was very knackered which would likely explain that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back