Storage Heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i'm looking at installing central heating in a flat that currently has storage heaters.

Is this possible? If so how is the best way to go about it? I'm very new at this! :confused:

Sponsored Links
does it have a gas supply?

how many story's ?

you need a viable location for a boiler, somewhere to run the pipes, if wooden floor then under, solid floor then surface mount, if solid downstairs and wooden up then everything upstairs and drop down into each room for the rad(s)

its not super complicated but can be a bit awkward on fully lived in homes.

i think it has a gas supply but i'll double check.

The flat is on the 3rd and 4th floor

If there is gas supply is it possible? Am i bit concerned I may be stuck with storage heaters for ever!

Dani - ALL things are possible - if you throw enough money at it!
Serioulsy you should get some "recommended" installers to do a Survey for you - if there is a Gas supply, I'm sure you will have gas heating by next winter! ;)

Sponsored Links
You can get stylish looking oil filled raiators with thermostats and timers. My parents just converted their off-peak house (white meter from when it was better than white meter) to them and are very pleased with the results. More flexibility and cheaper to run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back