Storage Radiator Charge Times.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My father-in-law, living in Wales, has just noticed the timing charging on his storage radiators has changed from 9.00am-1.00pm to 11.00pm- 3.00am.
Is this timing controlled by the electricity board or is it something he has inadvertantly done.
I'm a couple of hundred miles away in Hertfordshire and with the weather being as it is, no chance of a visit.
I don't suppose the timing on/off makes that much difference, but he asked me the question in case the system is charged on Peak rate.
Any advice/help appreciated.

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

Sponsored Links
if it was charging at 9 in the morning until 1 in the afternoon, then it was already charging at peak times..
11pm to 3am is offpeak..

What electricity tarrif is he on?
The off peak electricity could be overnight, but there are various other options which have low(er) priced electricity at various times during the day as well.

The times can be changed remotely on some systems, or it might be a simple timer next to the electricity meter.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not sure if my last reply got sent so here we go again.
Rang back to establish times given were correct and he came back with it was 21.00 to 01.00 is now 00.00 to 04.00.
Tariff not sure.

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

Sponsored Links
ah.. so it's still 4 hours off peak, they just shifted it because of the weather at the moment..

gives you more heat for longer as it's not all gone by 3 in the morning...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back