"Storage solutions".....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all :)

Looking to tidy up my 7 yr old son's bedroom.

Walk-in cupboard (above stair rake), which is currently just a dumping ground for christmas presents and the like. I'd like to make it into a walk-in wardrobe-type affair, so that we can ditch the free-standing wardrobe in his room, saving floor space.

I'd like it functional enough to store all of his clothes, coats, and footwear. Plus some cubby / shelf space for the inevitable toiletries etc, when his is older!

When facing it, the cupboard door opens outwards (hinges on right-hand side), is 3ft to the back wall, 4 ft wide, and 8 ft to ceiling. RH and back walls are brick; LH wall is plasterboard.

I suppose that I could knock the LH plasterboard wall out, to make some more space, but that might be a bit ambitious to start with.

Any links to good sites where I could browse "storage solutions" would be much appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
How about a skip!

Seriously though we used to have a boot sale every year to encourage our kids to clear out old toys, funny how those toys they just can't throw away
are ditched if they can get money for them ;)

Sorry - meant Christmas presents, still to be given!

Rather than a box to put more stuff in, I could do with drawer / hanging / shelf "systems" or ideas, please :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back