Storage tank removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mains fed combi boiler.

The cold supply for the basin, Toilet and bath mixer are fed via a storage tank with 31/2 -4M head.
This is causing a massive flow imbalance in the shower mixer, so much so that even at just 1/4 turn of hot is too hot for a comfy shower.

I can turn the Hot stat down at the combi but then its a bit too cold at the kitchen sink.

My question is, "can I just by pass the tank by connecting the feed and the outlet?" Thus have all the cold supplies on the mains. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your cold supply should be off the mains to feed the shower! :confused:

"can I just by pass the tank by connecting the feed and the outlet?

Can you explain that one? :D

My question is, "can I just by pass the tank by connecting the feed and the outlet?"

This is what should normally be done when systems are converted to combis.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for the advice. I will do it soon. The imbalance caused the hot at the shower mixer to back feed up the cold and fill the tank via the cold feed, causing the overflow to be used (unfortunatly the overflow had a leak). Fitted a non return into the cold as quick fix. Thanks again for help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back