Storm drain into a ditch in plastic?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am extending a single storey building which was originally two garages and three outbuildings on a rural site, neighbours are 1/2 a mile and 300 yards away.

The storm drains for two pitches go through the hedge and discharge into the ditch the other side of the hedge which bounds a field.
The distance from the building to the the hedge is 6 feet or so.

The storm drains are clay and it varies between 4" and 6" with loose joints on the 6" covered with DPM or DPC.
One 6" length of pipe through the hedge has a blackthorn root around it.

I have to redo the two drains, one does not go into the ditch but stops in the hedge and is cracked on the end, and parts of both are not deep enough in the ground and rodding is entertaining. The downpipes are mortared into one end of a 90 degree elbow. Some of it is done well but other parts are not.

I am unsure if plastic pipe will be strong enough to withstand the pressures of hedge roots allowing for the pea gravel around it?

I can probably get some 4" clay from the local rec yard.

https://flic.kr/p/22ZvT42

Sponsored Links
Roots won't affect the plastic pipe. You could bury the new stuff a bit deeper.

Thanks, I'll wait till the soil dries a bit before I do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back