Stormdry (or other sealants) on cavity walls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From research it looks like Stormdry could be useful for single skin walls, but I've not seen whether it would be much use on cavity walls - does anyone have any thoughts? We don't have any damp issues internally, but the walls/house is very cold (and I don't want to go down the cavity/internal/external wall insulation routes). Thanks

Sponsored Links
It will work on any brick work

I suppose there’s no harm in trying it, but I can’t it having any material affect on temperature of the internal face.

If you are serious about wanting to reduce the house being so cold you might want to consider buying a thermal imaging camera which will show you where the cold is creeping in - you might find draughts and thermal bridging are causing heat loss.

Thanks, that's helpful. I've had thermal imaging done previously and it didn't show any major areas, just the usual door/window frames (which I'm sealing up). It feels like a more fundamental issue, but I don't really want to spend £££ or risk cavity wall..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back