Inject DPC rather than Cavity Tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Posted previously about treating gable end wall with Stormdry or similar to help minimise damage to bricks and ingress into the garage that abuts gable end wall. Water does get in the past roof as there is no cavity tray and difficult to remedy this as have blown-in insulation with no adhesive added so it's still loose.

A builder I know suggested this... "I was wondering whether injecting a dpc into the joint where the lead sticks out of wall would work, I know they do it for dpc levels to stop rising damp whether it works the other way and stops damp going down , just a thought."

I imagine that water runs down the inside of the brick in the cavity and would still come through, or am I wrong to think this?

Sponsored Links
Stick with the stormdry idea, that works if done well. The DPC idea is not so good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back