Stoves New home gas cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Model GL 606
My cooker was difficult to light ( it took 20 minutes to ignite) we took the burner out it was covered in white powder ( Mr muscle dried on) it was removed, cleaned and put back, now the oven lights within the quoted 60 seconds. Each time I light the oven now the flame goes as it should ( high ) after it warms up I turn it down, it doesn't alter until I get down to say no 3, if I leave it on no 9 which looks more like no 6 the flames go smaller on their own.( very low flame)
In the book it talks about a FSD ( flame sensor device, and the thermostat) first question.... is the FSD the probe on the end of the thermostat ? or is it a separate item ? second question....I thought if the thermostat was broke would the oven would stay on the highest setting ? ( this was the case with my last cooker ) sounds to me like I need a new thermostat, what do you guys think ?
Sorry if this sounds lik a " how long is a piece of string question" but I would like some idea before I start paying put for parts I may not need.
Thanks in advance
Lynn

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back