Stoves Newhome 1100 DF Grill Door Fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just aquired a Stoves Newhome 1100DF range cooker with our new house.
The grill door glass was broken and I ordered a new one from Stoves.
It arrived, is exactly the right size and looks just the same as the original, but seems to have a different fitting mechanism and includes a completely different set of hinge parts.
I am able to fit the new door to the exisitng hinges but the door will not shut fully and its looking like I need to replace the current hinge mechanism with the new ones included with my new door.
The current hinges do not simply unhook like some ovens doors and they are under tension so obviously fixed to a spring mechanism inside the sides of the grill.
Although they provided the part, Stoves will not hand out any fitting information for fear of being liable.
Any assistance would be appreciated i.e. instructions for grill door replacement or maybe someone has had a similar issue with another make of oven?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Do you still need help with this?

I have just aquired a Stoves Newhome 1100DF range cooker with our new house.
The grill door glass was broken and I ordered a new one from Stoves.
It arrived, is exactly the right size and looks just the same as the original, but seems to have a different fitting mechanism and includes a completely different set of hinge parts.
I am able to fit the new door to the exisitng hinges but the door will not shut fully and its looking like I need to replace the current hinge mechanism with the new ones included with my new door.
The current hinges do not simply unhook like some ovens doors and they are under tension so obviously fixed to a spring mechanism inside the sides of the grill.
Although they provided the part, Stoves will not hand out any fitting information for fear of being liable.
Any assistance would be appreciated i.e. instructions for grill door replacement or maybe someone has had a similar issue with another make of oven?

Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back