Gas Oven Cooling Fan Always On

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a Stoves Newhome gas oven. Untill recently the cooling fan would only come on when the oven was hot or the grill door was open.

Now the cooling fan is constantly on unless I turn the oven off at the mains. I have spoken to Stoves and they advised me the thermal switch was faulty and told me the part that needed to be ordered. I have received the part and I am not trying to fit it.

Maybe it is my lack of knowledge but the part does not seem to be the correct part for the oven? The one that is current in there seems to have 5 connections whereas the one they have sent me only seems to have 2 connections. I have attached pictures that hopefully show better what i mean.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 256
  • oven.jpg
    oven.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 253
  • yellow switch.jpg
    yellow switch.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 257
Sponsored Links
Are you sure that's the location of the thermal cut out in your stove?

It appears to be the correct part for a stove but without your model number don't know for sure.

Thermal switches are very simple devices and I don't remember ever seeing one with 5 connections they normally have two

So the model number for the oven is 050551109

In the above picture you can see 5 wires coming from the switch the one with the yellow band

It's the right part for your stove , I can only assume thats not the correct location of the thermal switch

Sponsored Links
You might find that three wires goes to one side of the switch and two wires to the other by means of a multi connector , but I'm guessing

Ok, might have to take the current switch out and check it out.

Dont suppose anyone on here has dealt with this before?

Pull 1 wire off, tape it up, switch cooker on at the mains, if the fan is not running then that is the sensor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back