Stoves Precision 1100 controls.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Both of the oven heat controllers have failed, for some while.

I have had spares for some time now but need to fit them as its required for some serious cooking this weekend!

Expected the screws on each of the sides would undo and enable me to remove the front part but they must have nuts on the inside as they just turn without undoing.

So does anyone know how to remove the front panel which will enable me to replace the energy controllers?

Tony

Sponsored Links
If it's similar to our Stoves Farmstyle 1100 the end closer pieces clip off the front panel, then pull the knobs off and there's a couple of screws hidden behind them. If you have lids on your cooker you need the lids up to remove the knobs, and IIRC you also need to unclip the lid springs at the back. Remove the front panel and unclip the wiring for the hob ignitor button. Then there's a strip holding the two hob base plates together. Remove the screws and bracket holding this strip, and slide the strip off towards the front. Then take the plastic screws and plugs out of the side of the cooker, which hold the hob base plates to the cooker sides. Then remove the small screws which hold the actual hobs to the hob base plates. This allows you to lift the hob base plate up to access the screws and wiring for the energy controllers from behind.

Thanks for those ideas.

But I cannot exactly assimilate them with my own cooker.

Mine has seven gas burners on top and electric ovens underneath with a glass lid which covers the gas burners and turns off the gas!

Nothing seems to pull off.

I suspect that its necessary to somehow disconnect the top plate of the cooker from the back and tilt it up from the back.

I do wish they would make these things more obvious as to how to dismantle.

Thanks

Tony

Mine sounds similar, it has 7 burners, a grill and two ovens underneath, and two lids - one for each side.

You need to raise the hob plates. The critical piece of the jigsaw on mine is getting the central connector strip off, which is held by screws behind the front controls. Post some pics and I'll see if I can figure it out in relation to mine.

Sponsored Links
Mine sounds similar, it has 7 burners, a grill and two ovens underneath, and two lids - one for each side.

You need to raise the hob plates. The critical piece of the jigsaw on mine is getting the central connector strip off, which is held by screws behind the front controls. Post some pics and I'll see if I can figure it out in relation to mine.
2 ovens, 2 lids, central connecting strip - the maker took the cheap route of basically bolting two standard width cookers together, didn't he, rather than designing a full-width chassis from scratch.

Mine is all one piece top plate and a single glass lid.

No screws behind the knobs!

I can only guess there is some fixing at the back which enables the top plate to raise up from the back.

Tony

Suggest you ask on the APPLIANCES forum.

There may be more specific advice on there……...

I looked there first but nothing about cookers, many of which are gas anyway and would be better fitted within the heating forum because of the gas safe registration.

Putting it here was because many electricians are called to fix the electrical faults on cookers.

Tony

I don't remember any Triumph V4 engines.

In fact they were a very rare design everywhere. I cannot even think of any!

There were some slant-4s. I think the reality is that they were half the V8, rather than the V8 being two of them, but it is a bit chicken-and-egg, as it was always the plan to have engines related like that.

Ford had 2 different V4 engines in production at pretty much the same time, for decades - must have made millions of them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back