Creda Solarplus Concept control light.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The light behind the controls on our Creda Solarplus Concept oven has failed, and its lack is annoying SWMBO.

The problem is getting at it, there are a couple of screws into the underside of the control panel, at the front. But even with them out the control panel is still quite solid, and I do not want to risk breaking it by forcing it. Is there a knack to removing this, or a hidden fixing holding the panel in place?

The oven is a Creda Solarplus concept, twin oven with ceramic hob. Model No 48339.

Can anyone suggest how to get at the light so I can replace it?

Sponsored Links
Not familiar with this particular model but most are accessible from the top of the oven after removing a few obvious screws on top after you've slid it out slightly.
Most of these ovens actually sit on their cabinet floor and are held in with aprox 4 tiny screws. You will find these on the edge of the unit after you have opened the ovens doors. Take them out and the oven will slide forward allowing access to the top.
If its a florescent tube it will have a starter on top there somewhere too. For the sake of a little money, you may want to put a new starter in whilst you have it out (it may be the starter and not the tube anyway, best to change both).

Its a stand alone not a built in so no going in from the top.

It is a florescent tube though from its behaviour, so as you say doing the starter as well could be a good idea if I can just get in there.

Sponsored Links
Changing the light is not difficult. You have to remove both side panels from the cooker. On my cooker model 48337, but same as 48339, the sides were held by 3 small screws at the front (open the oven doors) and another 3 at the rear. Then, the side panels can be slid back and pulled off. Once the sides are off, you need to remove the screws holding on the hob. There are 2 at the rear, on the piece projecting from the back at the top. These screw in vertically. A further 2 screws located at the front, one on each side. Remove these, then simply lift the hob up and move it back a little. Balance it whilst you access the light cover. You will see a metal plate with 2 bunches of wires going into it. This plate is held on with 4 screws (2 on either side). Remove these and pull the plate backwards from the top. The The bulb holder is attached to the rear of this metal plate.

Suitable fluorescent light T5 13 W/35 white (GEC) is available at Wilkinsons for £1-94. Also at B & Q. for £3 - 47. Creda price about £15!

I also replaced the fluorescent starter. You need to remove the back. First remove two screws holding the cover plate for the cable connections at the bottom right (viewed from the rear of the cooker). You have already removed the two screws inserted vertically at the top. Now remove the four screws - two each side of the back plate. Use a fluorecent starter rated 4W – 65W (your light is 15W) is located bottom left. You twist it like a bayonet light bulb to undo. Available for about 50 - 60 pence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back