Stoves Sterling 800DF fan control PCB change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above cooker with what i think is a failed oven cooling fan PCB.

If the grill is used the cooker will cut out after about 10 minutes and then reset when its cooled down. Same problem with the cooker but after about 4-5 hours.

The cooling fan that blows air through the gap above the oven only turns very slowly (about 1 rpm) and i think its the PCB that controls the fan that's failed.

I've bought a new PCB, but i can't find it inside the cooker itself! I've had the front panel off and its not in there. I've had the rear panels off and i can't see it there either. There is another area that i've not been able to access that is directly underneath the hobs and is what the fan itself is screwed onto, and i suspect that that is where the PCB is. I can't work out how to get in there though!

Can anyone give me any guidance?

All help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
For future reference, you remove the top plate under all the burners to get to the pcb.

New pcb has fixed the problem with the coolong fan too. The grill would trip the over temp stat after 10 minutes use and everything would shut down until it cooled. Same thing would happen with the cooker depending on what temperature it was set to. With the new pcb the cooling fan now blows air over the top of the oven and stops it cutting out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back