moving a range cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Stoves 900DFA range cooker - gas hob and electric oven. Oven and grill only give me 20 mins heating before overheat cutout so am suspecting the cooling fan has failed, hopefully just the well known resistor has failed. I cant move the thing though to get inside and look!

The cooker has cupboards and worktop on either side so not much room to play with, and it doesnt seem to budge if I try and lift it to slide it forwards. Should I be able to pull this thing out? There wont be anything fixing it to the wall will there?

Sponsored Links
Use a white board. A large piece of thin hard plastic. Slip it under the front of the appliance by lifting it just enough to slide under. Now tilt the appliance towards you and drag it backwards. Check after a few inches that the gas hose or electrical supply aren't too short.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back