Straight lockshield valve with drain off valve chrome.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Straight lockshield valve with drain off valve chrome.
can’t seem to find one of these
Do they exist ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
It seems they do exist but with a hefty price tag. Could you use a normal straight valve and buy a tail with lock shield?
That may be a cheaper option. Where are the ones you have found. Thanks

That may be a cheaper option. Where are the ones you have found. Thanks

Sponsored Links
As in @CBW s link.

All they are though, is a drain off tail, packaged together with a straight lockshield valve.
A little bit cheaper to buy separately, even at Screwfix prices! ;)

The cheap ones at Screwfix are poor quality. I had a few, and the ones that broke appear to be made of some kind of grey zinc alloy with Chrome plating.

I usually buy Pegler plumbing fittings, whuch are usually very good.

Edit, also very happy with Danfoss radiator valves, as Ian suggests

If you have a suitable position, you can also fit a full-bore valve such as a washing-machine tap, for fast flushing and hose attachment. Check it is heat resistant and fit a capnut to prevent accidental floods.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sorry, the eBay description is a bit misleading :( - from the packet "Drain-off tail piece for RLV-D lockshield valves"

Screenshot_20230205-143607_Chrome.jpg

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
any 1/2" valve will fit, it simply replaices the tailpiece that comes with the valve and makes it a drain off valve
Sorry, I just didn't want the OP to think it was both a lockshield, and drain-off valve, in answer to their original question :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back