stramit board

Sponsored Links
lovely stuff aint it,im in the middle of destroying a load on internal walls made up of this stuff,hessian scrim then plasterd,and nailed with 4" wire nails,even the skirtings they used 4"ovals.

RECIP SAW seems to be working a treat,find the joint line then cut through it,then as said use a LONG wrecking bar.

lovely stuff aint it,im in the middle of destroying a load of internal walls made up of this stuff,hessian scrim then plasterd,and nailed with 4" wire nails,even the skirtings they used 4"ovals.

RECIP SAW seems to be working a treat,find the joint line then cut through it,then as said use a LONG wrecking bar.
House with strammit board internal walls - would it have a metal frame and a low pitch roof aswell with a kind of render on some and tilehanging on others :?: . Just that I remember doing a job in one of the houses way back - it was a nightmare to fix any thing - there was a small number of them in a group , not far from Eastbourne ;) . Surely not more than one outcrop of such strange buildings in Sussex :confused:

Sponsored Links
I've worked on a house with stramin board walls too.How to remove? Well in my case the wall had been tiled for a shower , grout had failed and the board turned to something resembling compost :(
If it's not falling apart then brute force is the answer. However, try forcing a reciprocating saw in between the board and joist and saw through any fixings.

lovely stuff aint it,im in the middle of destroying a load of internal walls made up of this stuff,hessian scrim then plasterd,and nailed with 4" wire nails,even the skirtings they used 4"ovals.

House with strammit board internal walls - would it have a metal frame and a low pitch roof aswell with a kind of render on some and tilehanging on others :?: . Just that I remember doing a job in one of the houses way back - it was a nightmare to fix any thing - there was a small number of them in a group , not far from Eastbourne ;) . Surely not more than one outcrop of such strange buildings in Sussex :confused:

no m8,this is an old school building were refurbing.

The tidiest way would be to use a crowbar on the long nails, but use something solid to rest the bar on, coal shovel for example, that way you should be able to take the boards up intact.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back