strange bulbs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after spare bulbs for a set of xmas lights. I *think* they are E12 bases although the maximum O.D. on the thread is 13mm.
The bulbs have 7V5W embossed on the base (although the label says 7V, 4W)

they are incandescent miniature golf ball type things. could anyone give any guidance as to what their official identity might be pls?

thanks

Sponsored Links
anyone...? anyone...? (apologies for shameless self-re-bringing-to-top-of-list) tried the UK importer, they neither know nor care.

Sponsored Links
From the picture I would suggest these lamps are probably Miniature Edison Screw. How many lamps are there in the string, and are they connected directly to the mains, or powered through a transformer? If they are directly powered from the mains, then automobile/motorcycle lamps rated at 6v 5w or 6v 6w could be used. Please bear in mind that in this case mains voltage passes through each lamp holder, so make sure the set is unplugged before doing any maintenance!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back