Strange door size 1930x845

FMC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house is ex council and i'm having bother trying to find a front door that will fit because of the weird size 1930mm x 845mm(76" x 33 1/2").Does anyone know were I could get such a door?.I've tried the usual ie B&Q ,builder centre ,Wickes ,Homebase.

Sponsored Links
Or find a local carpenter to make one for you.

FMC said:
My house is ex council and i'm having bother trying to find a front door that will fit because of the weird size 1930mm x 845mm(76" x 33 1/2").
Is this the door size or the internal door frame size ?

Sponsored Links
I've had the same problem as i'm rebuilding my ex-council house too which has all sorts of odd sized doors. The standard door heights seems to be a choice of 1981mm and 2032mm. I found it best to buy the oversized heights (1981mm in your case) and jigsaw the top and bottom to suit the size of the frame. Then skim the sides with a power planer before test fitting the door.

This is the door size.It a hardwood door with to large glass windows in it,needless to say I don't trust it.Too easy to break into.

muffking said:
I've had the same problem as i'm rebuilding my ex-council house too which has all sorts of odd sized doors. The standard door heights seems to be a choice of 1981mm and 2032mm. I found it best to buy the oversized heights (1981mm in your case) and jigsaw the top and bottom to suit the size of the frame. Then skim the sides with a power planer before test fitting the door.

Thats what I was going to do it just seems like a royal pain in the arse to do.How much do you recon it will cost to get someone into do it,either by me buying the door at homebase(I've seen on I like) or for him to supply and fit

A propper chippie would probably charge a ton per door to fit, but me and a mate have been managing 3 a day in a house which has all odd sizes and needed 8 internal and 2 external doors changing.

Most of them were cut with a jigsaw and power planer, but if I had to do it again then I would buy a hand held circular saw for the ends.

FMC said:
This is the door size.It a hardwood door with to large glass windows in it,needless to say I don't trust it.Too easy to break into.

I presume you're talking about panes that are large enough for someone to climb through? My door has 2 panes, long slim vertical gaps in the edwardian style.

If yours is the variety with one pane above and one pane below the handle, you could always remove both, and replace the lower one with a wood panel, and replace the upper one with security glass.

Not too difficult to cut down a oversize door with a circular saw, all doors have to be cut down whether it 2mm or 50mm !

Tom idea is good if the door are still in good condition.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back