Strange heating issue with my Ravenheat boiler. Help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping somebody could suggest a solution to my heating issue.

My house has a Ravenheat rsf 820/20 boiler that is set to come on automatically for a few hours each morning, and then should come on in the evening but isn't doing so. Here are the details of what it does:

The heating comes on in the morning (6:30am - 7:30am).
The 'On' light comes on at the right time in the evening but the heating doesn't come on (18:30 - 21:00).
The 'Manual' setting also switches the light on but doesn't heat up.
The pilot light is on.
The pressure gauge was under 1 but I've now raised it to 1.5.
The boiler is set to heating and water.
The water heats up at all times.
The timer is set correctly.

I have tried switching the boiler off and on, and resetting the timer unit but it hasn't resolved the issue. I guess it's a timer issue as the heating works in the morning, but then the manual switch doesn't fire it up, and the red 'On' light coming on at the correct time in the evening suggests the timer is working to some degree.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm sat in two coats until my landlord gets a plumber to fix it!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Try the Plumbing and Central Heating Forum. You'll be more likely to get some helpful replies. (Nothing against the guys on here, though! :D )

Try the Plumbing and Central Heating Forum. You'll be more likely to get some helpful replies.
Have you read the plumbing forum lately? :LOL:
Sounds like a faulty programmer to me, needs checking with a multi meter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back