Strange problem with radiators...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well my hubby eventually got the new CH/Hot Water valve correctly fitted and wired up... that was 2-3 weeks ago.

I noticed air in the rad on the landing this morning so bled it, as I very often do.

However this evening I noticed one of the downstairs rads was totally stone cold.... I dont think it had been cold for many days if any. So we bled it, took ages as the water only trickled out but there was air coming out too. Rad is now really hot, just as it should be.. however we have now found that the rad in the hall is now stone cold, and I checked it when I noticed the other was stone cold, and it was really hot then!

So bleeding the one rad to get it hot seems to have resulted in another that was previously hot, going stone cold. We think the one that was originally cold may be the last in the system... does this mean we are going to have to bleed every rad in this fashion to sort the problem out and get them all hot?? :eek:

Sponsored Links
How clean is the water in your system?

If you/he drained it recently, how clean did the water look?

If it was drained, was any inhibitor added when refilling?

In case you don't know where these questions are leading, you have a blockage because your system has been, and still is, corroding.

The water was really clean, looked clean enough to drink!!

When the heating came on this morning, all the rads were hot even the one in the hall, although that one was slightly cooler than the others.

So we've bled it some more this evening - more air came out so fingers crossed..... :D

you will need to bleed all the rads, if you keep needing to bleed the rads then you are getting air in some where you need the system pressure tested

Sponsored Links
uug197h said:
...if you keep needing to bleed the rads then you are getting air in some where...
...or the system is corroding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back