STRAW FILLED WALLS?

MPB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my interior walls are filled with straw, i have no idea what type of walls these are called.My question is i am looking to fasten a tv bracket to the wall, what type of fasteners would any body recommend?.Many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
Strammet Board.......... :idea: I`ve only seen them once when I worked in a Metal Framed house in a town near to Brighton, but inland ;) Un-be-****ing-lievable and I`ve no idea how to fix :cry: Other than suggest a wooden pad on other side of wall and long bolts

Thanks for the reply.had a quick look round at diy shops,thinking about trying some kind of plasterboard fastener,something that opens up inside the cavity.Straw, like you say very unusual!!!.Its a conventional house nothing special! :)

Sponsored Links
i had radiators screwed to mine wih conventional screws and rawl plugs,the fixings were fine,depends on how thick the wall is,mine were about 100mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back