Anchoring a Safe to dry lined wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks. I've done some searching on here to try and get an answer first so as not to be repetitive but can't find the answer.
My house is the usual breeze internal walks and dot n dab plasterboard.

I have a hell of a job securing anything substantial to the walls. I have used the expanding sleeved type bolt fasteners before but they struggle to grip, spin in the holes or just pull out.

I am fitting a safe this weekend which I want to bolt to floor and wall. Although one bloke would struggle to lift it I would still like to do a solid job of bolting it up.

Can anyone recommend a method for my type of wall. I'm told there is a type of bond to anchor bolts into or is there a better anchor fastener on the market

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Thunderbolts will do the trick, but don't over tighten as could break the board.
Alternative would be to cut the section of board out and fit directly to block-work.

Go through the wall with a plate t'uther side.

Then plaster over it.

Or put a safe in front of it.

Or just have a dummy safe.

Sponsored Links
build a brick wall round it.
aswell as bolts to the floor,if your sure you dont EVER want to remove it,use something like gripfil and beg the bugger down. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back