Correct sleeve anchor or concrete bolt for external brick wall?

No
I checked the screws that are used to secure the other side of the frame that’s going into the house and they are 6mm x 150mm. However that side of the frame is just to retain the door. The other side that I’m doing is where the weight will be and the door will be hung
Overkill.
120mm is the correct length.
Not too short, not too long.

Sponsored Links
No

Overkill.
120mm is the correct length.
Not too short, not too long.
Ok so if I got the 8 x 40mm duopower wall plug then drill hole in brick, tap that plug in the offer the timber up and drill something like a turbo coach 6 x 90mm through The 44mm depth timber and into plug that would mean the screw would go out of the plug in the brick by about 6mm

I used 100x8 turbo coach the other day to screw some joists together. First time I’ve used that make. They are a meaty old screw(y)

Sponsored Links
Ok so if I got the 8 x 40mm duopower wall plug then drill hole in brick, tap that plug in the offer the timber up and drill something like a turbo coach 6 x 90mm through The 44mm depth timber and into plug that would mean the screw would go out of the plug in the brick by about 6mm
That will do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back