STRAY INSULATION IDENTIFICATION!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:!: Unusual request!!!

I have a friend with OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) who is very upset that she has driven over some "stray" loft insulation that was drifting about the road - it has made her feel highly contaminated.

This stuff was apparently like loose fibreglass and was pale green. Can anyone PLEASE positively identify this stuff for me? Would it have been fibreglass or rockwool or something else?

My searches on the net haven't been very fruitful, so I would be very grateful if someone can tell me what this stuff is likely to be.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I've never seen green insulation.

Perhaps it was that protective packaging which consists basically of strips of paper spun together; no contamination there!

Probably rockwool, could be described as pale green, or more like a faded olive green. I saw some blowing about near me recently, near to where they were building a retail warehouse. It's relatively harmless. I hope you can assure her of that though.

Sponsored Links
made from green sheep?
sheep.gif

Having worked in the thermal insulation trade, I would say it is rockwool and driving over it is probably a thousand times safer than eating it for breakfast.
Hope this helps

mattcat825 said:
Having worked in the thermal insulation trade, I would say it is rockwool and driving over it is probably a thousand times safer than eating it for breakfast.
Hope this helps

For def if it's Rw2 or R33 :LOL: them shape bits of glass fibers sting like hell. :LOL:

Thanks Everyone!!!

All your suggestions have been passed on and are hopefully reassuring to my lady friend.

One last thought - has anyone come across anything similar used for stuffing furniture? Just wondering whether it might not even be insulation!?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back