Streets of Rage

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been watching Streets of Rage: Caught on Camera.

If you haven't seen it, it showed drunks doing what drunks do on our streets, including some quite vicious and prolonged physical assaults. They also gave details about drunks' attendance levels in hospital casualty departments which, apparently, account for 70% of all attendances between midnight and 5am. Then came the details of 'punishments', including those who had caused lasting physical damage to their victims and received, for their efforts, ridiculuously lenient sentences - some getting away without any punishment at all.

What is wrong with this country today? And who was it who had the bright idea that just because Europeans can drink responsibly all night, the British yob should also benefit from unlimited bar opening hours? (Rhetorical question.)

Sponsored Links
My daughter was an A&E nurse for 7 years. THE most frustrating part of the job was having to treat drunks and that was one of the main reasons why she moved out of that role. Little wonder that our A&E departments are always over stretched when they a having to treat self-inflicted injuries in drunks.

I could go on - why do people go to A&E for colds, sore throats or other ridiculously minor ailments? Since when were those ACCIDENTS or EMERGENCIES???

Don't get me started :evil: :evil: :evil:

I could go on - why do people go to A&E for colds, sore throats or other ridiculously minor ailments? Since when were those ACCIDENTS or EMERGENCIES???

Don't get me started :evil: :evil: :evil:

And why do people phone 999 because they've locked themselves out of their house or because the postman is late? - They do because they can. :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
About time the NHS charged these drunks the cost of their treatment (much like the charges levied at road traffic accident victims).

It should either legal or not. Stupid trying to punish it by back door methods, you will only end up with abuse of the system and 'innocent' people getting ****ed over by bureaucrats.

The drunks won't pay it (well, they already do through duty taxes), and you will end up with situations where some poor drunk bloke gets beaten up unjustly, and then slapped for the hospital bill (He's drunk, must be his fault).

Becoming intoxicated is no accident. Thus A&E should not be accessible too drunks.

Nurses are calling for permanent ‘drunk tanks’ in city centres . Seems a good idea to me.
I'd just make sure they are equipped with a heavy police presence.

But the cost must be burdened by the alcohol drinkers alone by raising alcohol tax.
And also heavy fines and possible jail sentences if they access a "drunk tank" for treatment.

It's time the people causing these problems started paying for them straight out of their pockets or through loss of freedom.
If their on the dole then stop payments.
Its no wonder this country is bankrupt.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-telling-f-job-Shocking-footage-streets.html

Ahh the youth of today. I despair. Time was a homeless man begging would be felt sorry for by a group of young females.
In todays britian you'll just as likely get your head kicked in. They're parents must be real proud.

No doubt they will think he got everything he deserved.."how dare he ask my wee angel for money".

All of these problems, and many many more, are down to one thing: whatever 'punishments' are doled out by the courts, they are no deterrent otherwise why would people continue to do these things.

Unfortunately, sentences are unlikely to become harsher because of our naive do-gooders and their 'human rights act', so I suppose we'll just have to get used to this sort of thing and hope that we can manage to avoid being involved.

Clearly, the sorts of activity highlighted by this programme have one thing in common: alcohol.

Two solutions:

1. Close all pubs and clubs at 11pm.

2. Remove all fuel duty and replace it with additional taxes on alcohol. Fuel is a necessary commodity for most of us; alcohol is not.

Of course, there is good news on the horizon. When sharia law comes into general effect alcohol will be illegal.

I had the misfortune to have to attend A&E last year on a Saturday night. Place was full of drunks. lying on trolleys with various injuries. Almost all had a placard on them which had three letter on it. WTS. I asked one of the nurses what WTS meant. and she told me it meant "Wait Till Sober. Apparently unless the injury needs immediate attention, there's not a lot doctors can do until they are sober. As the nurse told me, "Imagine anaesthetising someone who's intoxicated? " "The consequences could be fatal".

I had the misfortune to have to attend A&E last year on a Saturday night. Place was full of drunks. lying on trolleys with various injuries. Almost all had a placard on them which had three letter on it. WTS. I asked one of the nurses what WTS meant. and she told me it meant "Wait Till Sober. Apparently unless the injury needs immediate attention, there's not a lot doctors can do until they are sober. As the nurse told me, "Imagine anaesthetising someone who's intoxicated? " "The consequences could be fatal".

I do think that's an excellent idea, but I'd add a suggestion that they should all be invited to sit in a separate soundproofed room (having a tiled floor and concrete walls to enable flushing out with a hosepipe in the morning) so as not to cause any distress to genuinely ill patients.

And who was it who had the bright idea that just because Europeans can drink responsibly all night, the British yob should also benefit from unlimited bar opening hours? (Rhetorical question.)

That would be New Labour. :rolleyes:

Said that by making licensing hours more relaxed, it would change the British drinking culture into a continental style 'café culture'. :LOL:

Another of their bright ideas. :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
2. Remove all alcohol duty and replace it with additional taxes on fuel. Alcohol is a necessary commodity for most of us; fuel is not.

Just corrected that for you JR. ;)

As booze becomes ever cheaper and petrol/diesel ever more expensive, it has occurred to me that we could possibly have our cars converted to burn alcohol.

The countries and times with the most strict alcohol laws, are also the ones with the most social unrest, crime and poverty.

Alcohol is already used by the government to pay for it's costs, and on top of that as a way for the government to raise extra revenue.

Those nurses that complain about having to treat drunks at weekend A&E's, if they got their wish and drunks stopped getting injured, they would be made redundant, haha.

You should be thanking the drunks, they are paying more tax than you, if they didn't pay the excessive duties, the government would have to raise income tax to make up the difference.

Ahh the youth of today.

Better than your generation of Jimmy savile kiddy fiddlers.

So your logic is as long as you pay taxes then you are free to behave as you wish and somebody else will sort you out?

Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Back