Struggling with hot water temperature and system generally

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently moved into what was the show home on a new development and I am struggling with the heating system especially the hot water temperature.

I have the following system:

Glowworm Flexicom 18hx boiler
Siemens RWB29 controller
Kingspan Solar system with digital controller CB1-KS Basic
Tribune HE tank

I have the operator manuals for all of the above items except the Kingspan solar digital controller - I cannot find a copy of this controller on the web and the home builder has provided a copy of another Kingspan controller model. No clue as to how to use this controller or how it interacts with the system.

My problem is I cannot get the hot water temperature as hot as I would like, I find it is just hot enough for a shower (in this summer weather) but certainly not for a good hot bath.

I currently have the hot water set to come on twice/day and the above paragraph is based on using the system when the boiler has been on for approx 2 hours so I assume the water in the tank should be heated. I do not have a thermometer to hand to measure actual temperature but will get one.

The water tank has what appears to be two thermostats, one fixed and one variable. The variable stat is set at the max 65C. Both stats have a knob that looks like it can be turned with a screwdriver but I have not tampered. The boiler temperature setting is set at the max 82C. The central heating works just fine, the radiators get extremely hot.

Could someone please offer advise as to how I can get the water temperature increased?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Get the installer back to explain how the controls work, the installation is under guarantee so it wont pay you to fiddle with the controls and it could void the guarantee, some builders will do anything to wiggle out of their responsabilities.

Sponsored Links
haven't had much to do with solar so its a bit of a guess, but has it got a blending valve which is mixing ya hot water a little cooler than you would like?
have ya got any pics of the sys?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back