Stuart Hall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did he play his Joker? His sentence has just been doubled.

Sponsored Links
From what I read, he can only be sentenced in accordance with the law at the time he committed the offences. Does this mean someone who committed a murder in the late 50's (but only found now) could be sentenced to hang ?

Sponsored Links
From what I read, he can only be sentenced in accordance with the law at the time he committed the offences. Does this mean someone who committed a murder in the late 50's (but only found now) could be sentenced to hang ?

I'm afraid not, but if they had the balls to bring back capital punishment they could.

Oh, let's not start all that argument again!

I was wondering that too. I think it's wrong that a decision regarding sentencing can be reached and then changed afterwards. Does that mean that anyone currently in prison can have their sentence changed?

I know someone that served 18 months back in the early sixties for receiving stolen goods, yes eighteen months. These days they would probably get a fine or a tag.

Yes Squeaky, read through some sentences for crimes in the 1960's. Some criminals were treated to rather harsh sentences compared to today, yet other crimes, attracted small sentences, back then. ;)

Perhaps others who have already been sentenced too leniently, might have their sentences extended?
I can't agree with his sentence being extended, and I don't condone what he did, but I do think he has suffered enough, he's an old man, and is hardly likely to re-offend.

Wotan

Perhaps others who have already been sentenced too leniently, might have their sentences extended?
I can't agree with his sentence being extended, and I don't condone what he did, but I do think he has suffered enough, he's an old man, and is hardly likely to re-offend.

Wotan

He did the crime now he can do the time! And in my view if he got a lenient sentence due to perhaps the old school tie network then it is only right that he has been reassessed and put away for a longer period..

He suffered enough because he's an old man! FFS He should have thought of that when he molested a nine year old girl.

How many sentences should the offender recieve for the offences committed?
The failing is with the judge who passed the original sentence, for not imposing the correct term in the first place.

Wotan

Then obviously that first judge is not fit for the post he has, maybe he likes young children also, he should be investigated and struck from the position he holds.

His sentence was considered lenient even by the sentencing guidelines of the past.
If he'd committed those crimes today he would have got between 4 to 8 years.

Wotan

Sorry Wotan, yer way out of line there. (apologies to Pred for the earlier edition of this , where I completely mis-quoted )

Sponsored Links
Back