Sentencing

Sponsored Links
God knows how they work out the sentences but

as usual your "facts" are wrong

Hall was found guilty of indecent assault (bad enough) not rape and he was sentenced to 15 months, sentence currently under review as possible " unduly lenient"

Souter was found guilty of indecent assault, indecency with a child, serious sexual offences and seven counts of possessing indecent images of children and the case was described by police as "one of the worst cases of prolonged child abuse"

That's the second lot of charges - he is currently in jail for the first set.

He hasn't been tried for rape yet - as your link shows, due in court on 8th Nov

Sponsored Links
No but at the time of his trial the accusations were well known but the girl didn't want to proceed with evidence. Either way it seems just as bad as the other guy yet got off almost scot free. Either they should both have got 20 years or both got 20 months. Why the massive difference?

I'm not defending either of them - they should both be castrated, as should anybody who assaults children.

But they got different sentences because they were found guilty of different offences

Yes. Hall's was more serious. He's transferred his house to his wife's name to stop any compo claims. That doesn't sound very sincere to me.

Not strictly true - he's transferred assets in an attempt to avoid claims

joe:

you need to start watching what you say...that's not a threat from me, but if you start accusing people (especially rich people who can afford to take action against you) of things they have not done (or not yet been tried for), you could find yourself in some serious hot water.

Look at the case of the geezer who sued all those who re-tweeted stuff about him.

No Joe - that isn't what you said.

Instead of rolling your eyes try reading your posts and actually understanding what you have written.

Try to understand the difference between achieved and attempted

Might also be an idea to try to understand the differences between accused, charged and convicted.

Maybe one day somebody will trawl through your postings and teach you the meaning of each word - in court!

Feel free to express your (sometimes wild & extreme) opinions but just remember that the law also applies to you - ask some of people who expressed their views about Lord McAlpine for example

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
He seems to have gone quiet - maybe reading up/editing his past posts and checking how the law applies to him, maybe even reading up on the Sally Bercow/Alan Davis & Lord McAlpine outcomes.

Just wishful thinking - he's probably formulating his next moderate, balanced and well-informed post.

No but at the time of his trial the accusations were well known but the girl didn't want to proceed with evidence.

I'm sure I saw a post from somebody yesterday morning saying "innocent until proven guilty"

Let me think, who was it?

Can anyone remind me?

Sponsored Links
Back