How can this be justice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A youth has been found guilty of murder and sentenced to life imprisonment. He must serve a minimum of 20 YEARS. You probably think "Great, that's what murderers deserve".

Then you read that he didn't intentionally set out to murder the Polish Care Assistant. He set out to shoot some other low-life.

Then you go on to read that the guy sentenced not only had no intention of murdering the girl - but his gun didn't even fire the fatal shot!

For heaven's sake! People that go out and intentionally murder serve 12 years. Someone that never even set out to murder the girl - and who's gun never fired the bullet must serve 20 years!!

How can that be justice?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...d-for-life-for-wild-west-shooting-852508.html

Sponsored Links
He pulled the trigger with intent to kill. Good enough for me.

He pulled the trigger with intent to kill. Good enough for me.

But not to kill the person killed. That isn't murder. There was no intent - and it wasn't his bullet.

If you don't intend to kill someone ... Don't carry a gun!

Guns are for killing people with and if you fire a gun and someone dies that's murder as far as I'm concerned.

MW

Sponsored Links
How about speeding in a car and killing someone? Isn't that murder too?

But in this case it's not even your car that hits them, and neither was there any intent.

As usual Joe you seem to be struggling with a simple concept ... Guns are designed to kill people, cars are not.

If you kill someone whilst speeding in a car you will be charged with manslaughter at worst ... Unless it can be proven that you hit the deceased deliberately.

If you carry a gun in the street, pull the trigger and someone dies they you will be charged with murder unless there is a compelling reason why you shouldn't be.

Common sense AFAIC see.

MW

joe on tonights news up hear a guy had 5 pints killed a child just got 9 years he didnot set out to kill but sh## happens so if in doubt leave it out :cry:

The sentence will be kicked out in the court of appeal, that's for sure.

What if the guy that killed her did so intentionally to freak out the other gunman? Why should the guy that got banged up be blamed for the other guy's callous murder.

Murder is a premeditated act.

But why should one guy who's gun didn't even kill the girl when he wasn't even firing at her get 20 years without remission, yet if I purposely stab you in the guts with a carving knife I'll be out in 12?

It's madness - and they won't get away with it.

If you carry a gun in the street, pull the trigger and someone dies then you will be charged with murder unless there is a compelling reason why you shouldn't be.
MW
The family of Jean Charles de Menezes will no doubt dispute this.

Unless there is a compelling reason why you shouldn't be.
:rolleyes:

The police officers on the ground acted lawfully ... No case to answer.

The intelligence which lead them to take him out was pants but that's another matter.

MW

joe, someone was gettin shot that night, turned out to be the wrong person.

Some judge is making a point

wrong timing, your'e right, it willl get sorted at the appeal court,

more taxpayers money.

Sponsored Links
Back