Stuck in Pyronix Enforcer Keypad Menu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi there.

I would first like to say thank for all the contributors in this forum, it has been a great resource, which i have used on a good few occasions while installing my Pyronix Enforcer Alarm with Wifi and app, which has been working great for the last two weeks.

Today i went to try and solve a problem of my LEDRKP-WE keypad/reader not illuminating the keypad. setting the backlight option to yes in the arming station did not work, so i decided to enter the keypad menu on the Enforcer by pressing D and keypad security code.

I now seem to be stuck in this menu with no way out, and no more information in either the programming manual or user manual.

The menu goes like this:

Language
Zone Status
Keyclick Vol
Master Vol
Tag ID
Factory Reset(----)
Backlight Force
PA/Fire Timer
Address (00)

D or NO does not take me back and just scrolls me though the menu, if i put the keypad security code on to the factory reset section, it come out briefly and then back into the menu.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links

Thanks, that worked.

Just out of interest was that the correct menu to try and getting the keypad/arming station to illuminate the keypad? i find it odd that the options for backlight and entry/exit sound don't seem to work in the assign keypads/readers section.

The only things that illuminate on the keypad reader are the red zone colours when leaving, the icons, and also the output control keys 1 to 4 if i choose that option. the other keys, nothing!

Its not a massive issue, but would be handy to see more clearly when entering the house.

I’m not that knowledgable of the wireless arming station as it’s so new. I doubt your be able to enable any backlights as it will be due to saving battery life.

Holding D 2000 takes you into that specific keypads internal programming only. All global programming is done in the normal engineering menu.

Sponsored Links
I’m not that knowledgable of the wireless arming station as it’s so new. I doubt your be able to enable any backlights as it will be due to saving battery life.

Holding D 2000 takes you into that specific keypads internal programming only. All global programming is done in the normal engineering menu.

Yes you make a good point about battery saving, i think i will leave it as it is.

I am using the keypad in the entrance mainly as a point of confusion if there was a break-in, keeping the main Enforcer in another room, giving it time to send any warnings before it could be broken by a intruder.

The thing is the alarm noise would direct a intruder right to the Enforcer unit, so i started to think i could hardwire a basic bell sounder and so have the alarm noise come from the hallway where the keypad is.

Here in Spain we don't have external bell boxes, but not sure of the need to have a Pyronix brand bell box inside, i think it may be a bit overkill.

Are there any other options of simple cheaper internal wired bell boxes that would work with this unit?

You can wire a 16ohm cone speaker off a hardwired remote keypad (if you have one?) between + and OP this will mimic and enhance all the tones made from the Enforcer panel. Or you could wire a siren for alarm tones only from the Enforcer panel (small circuit board on bottom right.)

Pyronix twin alert int sounder , may have been better to connect a hardwired keypad if your going to start running wires

Pyronix twin alert int sounder , may have been better to connect a hardwired keypad if your going to start running wires

Thanks for the info.

I have some tubes that i can run cables to where i could put a internal sounder with it looking neat. but nothing to go to where we wanted the keypad to be, without some serous breaking of the brick walls.

................................................... without some serous breaking of the brick walls.
Breaking? Please explain what you mean please.

A little more information and picture of the wall where you need to 'break it' would be good.

In more years than I care to remember installing/servicing alarm systems I have never found a wall that needed to be 'broken' as you say.

Breaking? Please explain what you mean please.

A little more information and picture of the wall where you need to 'break it' would be good.

In more years than I care to remember installing/servicing alarm systems I have never found a wall that needed to be 'broken' as you say.

Most of the houses here in Spain have brick internal walls, and all the cables are run under the floor and through the walls though plastic flexible tubing.
In some cases like where i installed the Enforcer, it was possible to chip in to the wall and run another tube up from where a some plugs sockets were, once the tube is in, i just fill in with cement and plaster, and finish off.
From there it was easy to pull through the power cable to the main switch box in the hall and connect, same goes for the other cables, i managed to run a lot of network cable round the house using the tubes where the phone lines used to go.
The wall where i wanted the keypad did not have any of these tubes in it or close, so it would mean pulling up the tiles on the floor and making a right mess with the walls just to install, i could i guess just run the little cables round the corners of the ceiling like in the U.K. but am trying to avoid doing that.

My house has all internal walls of brick. Alarm cables where needed, were drilled from behind (cloakroom), RKP, PA, and sounder - three different positions.

You can wire a 16ohm cone speaker off a hardwired remote keypad (if you have one?) between + and OP this will mimic and enhance all the tones made from the Enforcer panel. Or you could wire a siren for alarm tones only from the Enforcer panel (small circuit board on bottom right.)

I just remembered that i have the internal siren from my old Bosch alarm that used to be installed, that has two cables, black was to GND and red to NO on the original Bosch board.

Could you please tell me which connectors on the Enforcer io board i would connect the two wires to?

If this works, that would be good. if not, i will just go with sparkymarkas idea of the Pyronix twin alert int sounder.

When an alarm engineer talks of a cable they mean, 6core, 8core, 12core or larger sometimes - NOT the individual cores inside the cable as in red, black, blue, yellow etc (that's a 4core) + green & white, that's a 6core

Depends on the current requirements of the Bosch sounder as its limited to around 250ma on the enforcer

Depends on the current requirements of the Bosch sounder as its limited to around 250ma on the enforcer

I just went to check the retired alarm system, and even though the system was Bosch, it looks like the sounder that was attached was from a company called EfSec, so have no idea if this will work as a internal sounder for the Enforcer.

heres a photo.

Attachments

• Efsec.JPG
    Efsec.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 363

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back