stuck TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
TRV stuck in off position :(

this trv has stuck before :confused: 2nd trv to stick on system

freed with taps on pin with wooden mallet

will a system flush/clean cure ? or replace ?

combi with sealed system

TIA

Sponsored Links
Might do but probably better and cheaper to just replace with a decent brand like honeywell.

Is it a drayton or danfoss by any chance

Stan

if its danfoss it just needs pin cleaning. dont replace it

Nickso . Nothing better than come october getting a couple of 3 star jobs in a day with Rads not hot free the pins an sit on your ass for half hour, Mind you was better when you could access the laptop clock and fill all the data in on several jobs without transmitting or are you too young to remember first lap tops

Sponsored Links
Every September for about the last ten years I get a job at a dentist surgery with 3 - 5 Danfoss RAVL TRV pins stuck. The owner prefers me to keep freeing them every year than to drain down the system and renew them all.

namsag said:
Nickso . Nothing better than come october getting a couple of 3 star jobs in a day with Rads not hot free the pins an sit on your ass for half hour, Mind you was better when you could access the laptop clock and fill all the data in on several jobs without transmitting or are you too young to remember first lap tops

too young im afraid :D

the new ones arent too hard to circumvent either and i didnt even bother using that stupid p2. i just used the sim in an old mobile.

i had a brilliant day a few years ago when i got 7 danfoss jobs in the same day plus i knocked a few others in and made around 200% gross....didnt do much for the rest of the week :LOL: it made up for the day when i got 0% :LOL:

pannierstan said:
Might do but probably better and cheaper to just replace with a decent brand like honeywell.

Is it a drayton or danfoss by any chance

Stan

nickso said:
if its danfoss it just needs pin cleaning. dont replace
it

Its a Fratelli Pettinaroli 760gbw

Any wall mounted digital temp lcd replacements for the TRV ?

TIA

onion_soup said:
Its a Fratelli Pettinaroli 760gbw

oh dear. if its continually sticking then i would in fact bin it for something thats not italian.

Any wall mounted digital temp lcd replacements for the TRV ?

eh :confused: not sure what you are getting at here. are you asking for a suitable replacement valve or roomstat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back