stud wall enquiry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, i wonder if someone can give me an idea of a price to fit a stud wall. its to be 3x3.5 meters with one door. if anyone can give me an idea of a cost for materials and also how much i should be paying to have this done, or if in fact it is the type of thing a competent diy-er can do.
thanks all :)

Sponsored Links
Providing there are no services that need to be run, and it is a bog standard wall, materials will cost no more than a few hundred quid. Allow 2 days for the work - one to build the studding and a second to board and plaster. If there are a couple of tradesmen on the job (so to speak!) it can be done quicker. Obviously, decorating will need to be done after plaster has dried.
It's a good job for a keen DIYer and can be completed comfortably in a week by one competent person.
Labour costs vary but in my area it would be around £500.

thanks for the help, im not too far from you - barry! having some crazy quotes, one came back as £830!!!! Think I might try to tackle this one myself. Can I just ask which size timber and width plasterboard would be best to use? We are also trying to keep some heat in so Im guessing insulation is the way to go there. Could you tell me what is the best insulation?
Many thanks, Nickkinix

Sponsored Links
£830 does sound a bit pricey, but when there isn't much work around prices can increase to cover overheads. :(
Generally 3"x2" is used for studding and you will probably need to remove the door lining which will be in the way of the plasterboard which will give you an idea of the existing material dimensions.
Usually, wallboards are 9.5mm and ceiling boards are 12.5mm but you will be governed by what you are matching up to, which could be either.
Just to fill a doorway, I would use rockwool - slab form is easier to handle/cut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back