stump killer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just cut down 30 conifers to ground level , any ideas if stump killer will rot the stumps ?

TOOOOOOOOOOO big to dig out !

Sponsored Links
Nope

If you want to get rid of the stumps, your choice is burning, digging, or stump grinding

Burning and digging are no goes, will price up local stump grinder contractors and see if there is a local hire shop for a grinder

depends obviously on how big the trees were, for their size conifers have pretty small root systems, if you have access, and a suitable vehicle, you may be able to drag them out.

Sponsored Links
No way of getting a vehicle into garden.

Just had quote for £200 remove /grind stumps 18 in total

Looks the way forward, bang goes this years heating allowance!

You will have to burn the stumps to keep warm :LOL:

Just had a large tree removed from the end of my garden and the base must have been at least five feet wide. The tree surgeon has removed the tree and all of the stump by grinding it out and it looks great. Really flat. Grinding is the way to go.

You will have to burn the stumps to keep warm :LOL:

Just had a large tree removed from the end of my garden and the base must have been at least five feet wide. The tree surgeon has removed the tree and all of the stump by grinding it out and it looks great. Really flat. Grinding is the way to go.

How far down did he take the stump ?

My guy says he will go down to the ball of the root ! or about 6/8 inches .

Tbh I can't really see at the moment as he is also doing some fence work and the area is covered in saw dust. But I will let you know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back