Stumped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any idea why this leaks it's a direct replacement and drops from underneath. There is a rubber o ring on copper pipe that seems in good condition, just never came across one of these before so any help appreciated regards david

Attachments

• IMG_1325.JPG
    IMG_1325.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1326.JPG
    IMG_1326.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1327.JPG
    IMG_1327.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 189
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
lol it's slides on to easy thinking ptf tap round o ring abd try that as said never had to change one before

PTFE covered O ring
Must try that sometime
Everyday is a skool day here
I must put all those O rings I keep stocking in the skip, better to get a roll of PTFE instead. Silly me

PTFE covered O ring
Must try that sometime
I must put all those O rings I keep stocking in the skip, better to get a roll of PTFE instead. Silly me

Eh! @DP and @dpsservices! So you're not one and the same with a split personality then? ;):p

Edit: oops. Silly me. There's an extra 's' that makes you not!

As already said the o ring should be captive inside the white plastic bit, if you look inside there should be a groove that the o ring sits in.

PTFE covered O ring
Must try that sometime
Why the sarcasm genuine question dp everyday is a school day
I don't mind a joke and laugh but don't talk to me like I'm a fool plz peace

Last edited:
Why the sarcasm genuine question dp everyday is a school day
I don't mean nod a just Kev and laugh but don't talk to me like I'm a fool plz peace

Sorry fella
There are times when the question and answer is so simple, but the cure is often muddled by not thinking the issue through

An O ring is a sealing medium. Why would one put PTFE tape on that?
This suggestion is very similar to people putting PTFE on a fitting thread

My apology.

Sorry fella
There are times when the question and answer is so simple, but the cure is often muddled by not thinking the issue through

An O ring is a sealing medium. Why would one put PTFE tape on that?
This suggestion is very similar to people putting PTFE on a fitting thread

My apology.
No probs late night a lot on my mind dp I must be turning into a grumpy old man

Sounds like my average day! :confused:

Agree but aggravation is on a different level I am sure
Am sure you will replace a duff O ring and not wrap the threaded part of a plumbing fitting where olive is the sealing component

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back