Stupid Toilet Fitting Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dont Laugh
ok - are there toilets whereby the exit pipe after the bend, goes directly down below the floorboards, so that it is fully contained in the porcelain , therefore the toilet can be placed directly against the wall without the pipe on show?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
you are talking about a bottom-outlet pan, where the soil pipe goes downwards through the floor.

I have only seen one recent example where there is a skirt that conceals the trap and pipe, it is a Twyfords E100, Premium, the higher-grade model. Not widely stocked but can be ordered.

When you buy a bottom-outlet pan, you have to start be measuring accurately the distance between the wall and the centre of the soilpipe in the floor, because the pan must fit this. Different pans vary. I did see others of different distance but they were not of interest to me as they did not fit.

It has a distance of 230mm, mine was with 25mm of that and there is enough flex in the rubber seal of the adaptor collar to fit.

if yours is a different distance you will need some other pan. There is also a Twyfords Alcona (more traditional design, different size)

See pic.
Fourth image.

L-2015-3-2--10-9-9-458.jpg

Thanks for taking the time.
The house I moved into had a pipe clearly on show running form the back of the toilet about a meter befor it disappears. what are the best pipe covers etc if thats the best way to go

you mean horizontally?

Most modern WCs have a Horizontal Outlet, which can go through the wall or into a duct.

These can be left exposed, perhaps painted to match the room, but often they are boxed in with ply, which can be tiled, forming a low shelf where you can put cleaning products, spare bog rolls etc. sometimes people build a low shallow cupboard for the same purpose.

Boxing in of plumbing should be made so it can easily be removed for repairs or leaks.

Sponsored Links
I think you need to draw a diagram or attach a photo of what you mean.

that's a bottom-outlet pan.

if that's what you want, you have to start by measuring, accurately, the distance from wall to centre of soil pipe.

If the floor is concrete, it is very laborious to dig it up and reposition it.

If the floor is wood, it can sometimes be not quite so bad.

here are some examples.
https://www.google.com/search?q=bottom+outlet+WC+pan&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=bottom+outlet+WC+pan&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=ngxzrna3AmyYeM%3A%2C3Av2AgPhlxe__M%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSO0bdrZLcCjsgFmbxJqv7ssB8iDw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjR1ZLe3vLpAhXTuHEKHdjiDlgQ9QEwEnoECAoQLg#imgrc=ngxzrna3AmyYeM:

https://www.building-supplies-onlin...-tempo-close-coupled-pan-vertical-outlet.html

Unbranded import WCs often are poor quality with an unsatisfactory flush. I found the Twyford to be very good. Armitage are another good maker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back