Styroloft and dormer wall insulation

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

1. Has anyone used Styroloft boards? They are EPS laminated to ply. Advertised as lighter than normal 22mm flooring so sound ideal to me for the loft.

2. I have a loft conversion with dormer. Only part of the loft was converted. The wall between the conversion and the loft is made of these terracotta blocks. Would they benefit from additional insulation, and how? Glue Jablite or Celotex to them perhaps? If I use the styroloft product I was thinking of dot and dabbing the boards onto the wall.

Thanks

bsr
IMG-20180826-WA0001.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is this property in the UK?
I would not have thought putting an EPS backed board into joists would be a good idea.
All external walls would benefit from insulation if they have not had some already.
What about just Eps/pir backed plaster board? You can dot and dab to these bricks. You need to be careful with mechanical fixings and drill slow.

Just looked them up they are XPS not Eps. So will be fine.
Though Rockwoll batts and chipboard will be cheaper and have better acoustic properties.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back