STYX Euro combi help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a SX20 Maffice boiler installer and recently when i turn on a hot tap there is a loud vibrating noise which, with the help of the diagram i have pinpointed to the gas valve area, near where the plastic pipe attaches before it runs up to the combustion chamber i was wondering if anyone knew what may be causing this. It seems to dissapate and stop when the water gets to temperature. Please help, i need to get this sorted before my partner drops our first child! Any more info required please ask

Sponsored Links
never heard of that boiler, cheap was it? Call the installer would be my advice. . . . (if he hasn't already run a mile)

Are you saying you had this boiler installed recently? While it is a boiler that was built to last, it predates Ariston Eurocombi (which started life as a Styx).

You need a heating engineer who knows how boilers work instead of a plumber who only knows how to fit them.

The noise may well be coming from the gas valve but the source of this malfunction will almost certainly be elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
The boiler was alreay installed when we moved in just over a year ago, you are correct, it is now known as an ariston. I have been feeling parts when the noise is been made and the only thing that i can feel vibrating is the gas valve (or the component attached to it)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back