ideal combi isar he30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
boiler makes massive vibrating noise. makes a smaller version of the noise on ignition. once boiler has been running for approx 15mins it starts intermittantly making this loud vibrating noise.
i have also noticed water in the bottom of the combustion chamber.
not sure how to remedy this. changing all gaskets tomorrow.
any input?
anyone had this before?

your help would be well appreciated

thanks
tom

Sponsored Links
Vibrating noise could be fan, noise on ignition could be weak mixture, possibly low WP at the meter govenor.

Has the boiler been serviced CORRECTLY annually?

Could be the condesate trap is blocked and back filling into boiler. If it is 3 years + old then could have eaten through the ali HE.

Had this before

Any of the seals particularly flue and heat exchanger seals, condensate pipe, cracked sump etc etc.

Vibrating noise could be fan.

Could be the condesate trap is blocked and back filling into boiler. If it is 3 years + old then could have eaten through the ali HE.

that would be my first two things to check. id wager the condensate is partially blocked.

Sponsored Links
Hello I recently bought a house with this heating system fitted. The house is a very old house and kinda from the pre-historic era (decorations etc...lol) However, the system is probably 5 years old or less. Anyway drained all rads and removed them for refurbishment/decoration purposes. Question is How do I refill the rads - there is a hose connected to two pipes and each has a lever (washing machine time levers to turn water on/off) do I open both of these to fill the rads?
Your speedy reply would be most helpful as I have a house-warming get together today (more like house-cold!!)
Greatly appreciated :)

Unfortunately, something must be extremely wrong with the Boiler as the water started sphewing from all corners of the boiler. I could hear the radiator filling, but now I'm toe deep in water. The LCD was displaying 'C' but have no idea what went wrong...HELP!! Sounds like this is going to be a costly task :(

You obviously didn't have this system checked before purchasing the property. Could be many things and needs expert attention.
Not the best of boilers and the only answer may be:- View media item 36533

Not personally, but the seller did say it was recently checked and everything was fine. To be fair it was working when I was shown the property but now it doesn't! Oh well lesson learnt.....get it checked myself - it was probably on the way out! Drat and double drat! :rolleyes:
Thanks again Gasmanforhowmanyyears....lol :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back