Subfloor ventilation via redundant back boiler flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm looking to improve the ventilation under my suspended timber floor.

Firstly, the air bricks have been replaced for newer ones with a larger free area.

A back boiler in a chimney is getting removed soon, the chimney will be unused but still vented.

However I was considering adding an additional underfloor ventilation path up through the side of the chimney (from below the floor) and then up the now unused back boiler flue - does this sound reasonable? Or anyone see any problems with this?

(There is a lot going on at the moment so this is not a big stretch)

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Thanks, that's very true but I'm planning to insulate an I'd rather have too much ventilation than too little. Can always block up the new vent pipe if it's too much.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, that's very true but I'm planning to insulate an I'd rather have too much ventilation than too little. Can always block up the new vent pipe if it's too much.

Hi there,
Did you do it- vent sub floor via the chimney? How did it go? Am considering the same (or what I presume is the same) and wondered what the result was. Obviously it has not even been a year yet...cheers M

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back