Sudden loss of pressure - Heatrae Sadia Megaflo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Using the shower tonight the pressure suddenly dropped. The whole house now gets a not-very-pressurised water flow. It has always been fantasticly powerful.
So I looked in the airing cupboard, the pressure guage at the top of the tank is only Reading half way towards the green zone. So I turned the valve tap I usually go to (well, last time it did this about 6 months ago) that usually makes the pressure guage go back up again, but it did nothing. I'm sure normall there's an audible hiss as the pressure gets let back in?

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
What's the incoming pressure at the first cold mains outlet into the house like? If this seems to have dropped, that could be one reason. Another reason could be a blocked filter in the combination valve on your magaflo, or failure or the built in pressure reducer. How old is the megaflo ?

Yes, the pressure at the first cold tap in the house isn't what it was either. I actually went outside 10 minutes ago and overheard one neighbor askng another if there pressure had dropped and that Anglia water are looking into it, so I think that answers that then!!

Thanks for your helpful response though!

One other thing- while checking out the boiler I noticed the electrical fused switches on the wall and realised I don't know what they do- one of them switches off the timer/switch wall unit, but the other leads straight to the bottom of the cylinder- both are swithed on. Is the second one supposed to always be on? It's been on for about 2 years. I just had a sudden fear that I could be the emmersion heater for the water, if it is surely I've been throwing money away on heating it constantly?? I it isn't then I don't have an immersion heater switch- is this normal?

Sponsored Links
Second switch is almost certainly the immersion. A good way to confirm this is to go and look at how fast your electric meter is spinning, go and switch it off then look at the meter again. If it's slowed down noticeably then it's the immersion.

As for the pressure gauge, this is probably connected to your heating system and not your hot water system so opening that tap won't really help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back