Sugar soap, when?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When and why is it good practice to use sugar soap or a similar product as part of the preparation ?

Sponsored Links
You use it to wash down gloss door frames and the like before painting to get rid of grease.

Or walls that you have stripped of wall paper, it gets rid of any paste gunk.

Its marvelous as a cleaning agent, on nicotene or grease woodwork, and evn on UPVC window frames, it brings them up as good as new. :D

Thank's for the help Joe and spice, I'll put your tips to good use on my kitchen woodwork as it's pretty greasy.

Sponsored Links
Get some - Soda Crystals.

Cuts through grease, use in washer on yer clothes, hand wash, keeps patios' moss free, 20 min soak in a strong solution cleans burnt on grease and food from pans, and casseroles, cleans ovens and hobs, industrial kitchens, curry houses, nicotine in pubs or houses.

Brilliant stuff for washing paint/rads/grease etc.

Don't use on aliminium...sold in most supermarkets.

Thank's Growler, I'll get the missus on the case, she loves her cleaning products!

I think you'll find that sugar soap is only finely ground washing soda at 5 times the cost.

Just don't get mixed up with caustic soda that will give you burns that will need skin grafts.

What ever you use MAKE SURE you wash it down well afterwards

I think you'll find that sugar soap is only finely ground washing soda at 5 times the cost.

Just don't get mixed up with caustic soda that will give you burns that will need skin grafts.

Indeed:

You can buy Soda Crystals in a blue and white bag and they're finely ground, just like Sugar Soap.

Thank's for your help guy's, I'll pass your advice on to the missus-if she needs a skin graft i definitely won't get any dinner!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back