Sugar Tax

I think people with a healthy BMI or other acceptable indicator should be exempt. Perhaps we should have an app that tracks our consumption against kcal/BMR and deducts extra tax from our bank account if we exceed target..

I've always felt that diet vs full sugar is a choice between cancer and diabetes.

That's more intrusive than even the
Exactly. Money is more important than health. As I said, nobody gives a stuff about us mere mortals health, least of all the government. The sugar tax is a farce.

Well one practical response is regulation but regulation is the devil's work!

Sponsored Links
I'd get all those on job seekers to pick them.
So you'd bus the 'job seekers' from all over the country to the picking areas?

Then move them on to where the next crop is ready to be picked, and then so on?

You forgot the housing. Crop picking is seasonal and requires housing as by its very nature it's in the middle of a field and there are not many transport links.

But it's a great DM headline - let em pick the crops - I solved that problem now onto the next.

It's shallow, demeaning, condescending and absolutely unworkable idea but it gets repeated more often than greatest hits release when you need to make some money.

You forgot the housing. Crop picking is seasonal and requires housing as by its very nature it's in the middle of a field and there are not many transport links.

But it's a great DM headline - let em pick the crops - I solved that problem now onto the next.

It's shallow, demeaning, condescending and absolutely unworkable idea but it gets repeated more often than greatest hits release when you need to make some money.
Indeed.

It's also a younger active person's job. I picked grapes in France and citrus fruits in Australia. Wouldn't keep up now, but I bet the benefits agency would sanction a 60 yr old in need of a heart transplant for not taking up the 'offer'!

So don't mention the productivity drop ;)

And on top of that internal 'free movement' causes it's own problems...

'Bloody Eastern Europeans' will be replaced by 'Bloody Scousers/Geordies /(any region of your choice)'!

Sponsored Links

Ian H is winding you up. :mrgreen:

I just refuse to take part of your tiresome brexit threads. This is about sugar tax and eating too much of the old sugar.
Have you noticed how some posters like to snipe at the person making certain comments because they disagree with their opinion.
They have no opinion of their own, no constructive argument to offer, just the continual sniping:
upload_2018-5-23_8-31-4.png

"I wonder how long it is before John makes it about brexit"
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

It's all brexits fault, it's all down to the fact there's not going to be any foreigners in the UK anymore, according to John.
However, let's all turn this into an anti-brexit thread because John WANTS IT SO
Bloody hell. It's enough to drive me to drink a full-fat coke this lark with John and his obsession with brexit.

Fast forward the next couple of years please, am fed up to the back teeth with brexit.

So these whinging types are happy to continue reading a**e ned's and rogercon's bigoted comments, and the persistent copying of gasbag's utube videos, along with his silly comments about Brexit. They are obviously content to continue reading those posts because they tacitly accept them without objection. Yet they always whinge about comments to the contrary.
So though they do not have the courage to state their own position, they indicate it by their stance against anyone who dares to offer a contrary argument. Thus one has to assume that they are happy with bigoted comments, continual silly comments for Brexit and persistent Utube videos being copied.

I think this is typical of a recent poster who left voluntarily. They were always trying to claim the moral high ground but when one examines their posts, the hypocritical attitude shines through like a beacon.
I suggest that they take their own advice.

Instead of continually complaining about posts that they do not like, but cannot rise to a counter-argument, they should consider using the Ignore function. But that would not occur to them.
Oh! It already has, but only for others! :rolleyes:
upload_2018-5-23_8-43-47.png

They could build character by sleeping in tents and car share to get there.

The older, less fit ones could be the managers.

A friend of mine had this idea that all the towns long term unemployed/benefits claimers should report at 6AM to the town square and all those with jobs should pick one to come to work with them for free and basically help them with their job.

All the LWR could sort out the tax dodgers and the RWR the tax takers.

Sponsored Links
Back