Suggestions for a IP security camera/s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am interested in having a few IP camera's set up in my house. Probably wont need external as I don't have any valuables externally like a shed etc. So possibly looking at internally just in case of a burglary. Maybe one upstairs and downstairs. I have broadband and would like to be alerted via email if out and about.

There are so many on ebay and maplins etc its hard to choose. I heard an article on jeremy Vine with small clock type ones that were very cheap and seemed to be able to get a good image of a face.

I am happy to pay at bit more but would appreciate a few suggestions of models and makes.

I probably will only find out by actually buying one.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
How discrete do you want them to be internally, and remember not to walk around the house naked?

Sponsored Links
Well, this one might be a suitable option regarding your requirements: floureon hd 720p ONVIF wireless IP camera (Plug-n-play, 802.11b/g/n, 1280*720@25fps, 36 IR LEDs, 3.6mm lens, IP66, motion detect with email alert)
As for the selection of ip camera, you need to focus on the following points.
  • Weatherproof. You mentioned one in outdoors and no shed, IP66 rating is a plus. This camera is bullet camera, so it has a shed.
  • Lens Selection. A camera lens with a higher focal length number will deliver more magnification.
  • P2P (Peer to Peer). To avoid complicated DDNS network setup, P2P function should take into account. It is the easiest and fastest one-step network setup function.
  • Night vision. To see clearly under low light condition, IR led is required. Generally speaking how far the illumination of Infrared determines the night vision range.
  • Your network bandwidth. IP security cam requires network bandwidth to transmit and store images, video and data. The higher the resolution of your camera, the greater your bandwidth requirements. Hope this can give you some fresh idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back