Suggestions for Polycarbobnate roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I plan on making a outside cover about 3 x 4m. I have looked at the polycarboante roofing but would 10mm be better than 16mm for letting light in? If I use the 690m width ones as strength is not an issue as it wone be walked on. I prefer this to the look of the corrugated plastic or is the corrugated plastic better at letting the light through. I did quickly look at solid sheets but the seem very expensive for a good thicknes.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
My conservatory has a triple wall plastic roof.
When I built it, it was twin wall, with plastic clamps. I replaced it, using new clamps that are all aluminium

You can buy glazing bars that support the roof, whereas mine are screwed to wooden joists.
The thickness doesn't do much to the light transmission.

10mm will be cheaper then 16mm and I am not worried about insulation as it is a open cover to keep shelter from the rain mainly. I will have joists too so just need the sealing bars.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back