Suggestions Required for Replacing 2Ch Programmer and Stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to replace an old wired Smiths thermostat currently in the kitchen and a two channel Wickes programmer in the airing cupboard, ideally with a wireless programmer thermostat.

I have done some basic research and found a couple of options which would seem suitable - if overkill - but pricey:

Honeywell Sundial RF2 Pack 2 (costly)
Heatmiser PRT-HW-W (costly)
Heatmiser PRT-HW-TS WiFi (very costly and a toy!)

I have tried the Search function, but can only find some old threads about this - some state that their aren't any two channel wireless devices out there; others suggesting getting a single channel wireless thermostat for the CH and leaving the existing programmer for the HW.

My existing programmer will only let me have the HW on Once or Twice - I cannot disable the second heating of the water, which is what I want to do (i.e. heat water early in morning for showers/washing and then turn off for remainder of the day).

Can anybody suggest any other options - from previous posts, the best options seem to be a wireless programmable stat (CM927) and a single channel timer for the HW.

Is this correct and can anyone suggest a suitable timer please?

Sponsored Links
If you're going for a CM927 (which I would thoroughly recommend) it could be worthwhile going for one of their timers too, e.g. ST9100C, so you at least have commonality of control interface between the two (not to mention it being very good in its own right).

If you're not pushed for time you can make a massive saving over retail by buying them new off eBay.

Mathew

from previous posts, the best options seem to be a wireless programmable stat (CM927) and a single channel timer for the HW.
That's what I have had for the last six years and it's worked like a dream.

Make sure that the single channel HW timer has a 1 hour boost button as you never know when you might need to top up the hot water.

You can mount the HW timer in the airing cupboard as the times, once set, are rarely altered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back