Programmer advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just moved into a house with an old Gloworm Fulesaver MK2 boiler and HW cylinder installed. I want to get this replaced with a new boiler (probably a combi).

Current setup:
3x 2 port valves (HW, CH1, CH2)
2x programmable room thermostats (Honeywell CM907)
1x 2 channel programmer (Honeywell ST9400C)

If I get a combi boiler installed am I correct in thinking that the HW 2 port valve will no longer be needed and the current programmer will need replacing for a single channel version or can the existing one still be used?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
You could keep the programmer, replace it with a single channel unit, or remove it altogether and use the CM907s.

I would do the latter with a combi.

Before you decide on a combi, you need to check three things:

1. Cold water mains flow rate
2. Cold water mains pressure
3. Maximum instantaneous hot water requrements.

The last will depend on how many baths and showers there are and how many could be running at the same time.

If you go for a combi you will not require the HW 2-port valve.

If the ST9400C is set to constant for the heating and timed for the hot water, it can be removed if you have a combi. But the wiring for the CM907s will have to be modified, which is an easy job.

Sponsored Links
If you intend to keep the ch as 2 zones you will need a 2 channel programmer to control the 2 zone valves. The combi will obviously take care of the HW.

It will have to be wired as a simple S plan to the combi.

Or have I missed somethiong in your post :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back