Programmer and Room Stat Upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The current heating and water system is a Honeywell S plan controlled by a 2 channel British GAS UP1 (currently no room stat) which needs replacing. The information on the Honeywell site would lead me to buying an ST9400C (2 channel programmer) and a CM907 programmable thermostat.

Is it a straightforward swap from the UP1 to the ST9400C? i.e re-wire directly to the wiring centre? Do I really need a 2 channel programmer if I have a programmable thermostat? What settings do you apply to the 2nd channel (heating).

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If you are using a programmable room stat you only need a single channel timer for the hot water.

The CM907 is hard wired, the 927 is wireless. That might be easier to install and allow you to put it in the best place rather than the easiest place.

You could also install a Honeywell Sundial RF² Pack 2.

This is a two channel programmer linked to a wireless thermostat. The programmer would replace the existing BG one, possibly with wiring and backplate changes - but these will be simple. The wireless thermostat would go in the most suitable location.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back