Programmable thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at upgrading the controls on my central heating. I currently have a fully pumped heating & hw system with a programmer & TRVs, no room stat. I am thinking of installing a programmable room stat and replacing the programmer and thought that something like a Honeywell CM927 would be all I would need but it looks like it only has one channel so couldnt do HW control as well as heating. Is there a programmable room stat that can control 2 channels or am I barking up the wrong tree?
cheers, Ian.

Sponsored Links
I forgot to mention I am looking for a wireless stat. Am I trying to do something out of the ordinary or have I got the wrong end of the stick - I am looking for time & temp control for the heating and just time for the HW?

Sponsored Links
I dont really understand why these aren't more common. Is the Honeywell CM927 meant to be used in conjunction with a 2 channel programmer or is it meant just for combi boilers?

http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/alpha-7-day-2-channel-easystat-rf-wireless-digital-programmer-1000260-/
That's no good! It's for two central heating channels - temperature range up to 30-35°C. There are no facilities for connecting a hot water sensor.

The only wireless hot water thermostats, that I know of, are the Drayton Digistat +C RF and the Danfoss CET-B RF. Neither of these are programmable; they are just thermostats. They have a sensor (attached to the hot water cylinder) which is hard wired to the temperature control, which transmits instructions to the receiver located near the boiler. You still need a separate time control

I can't see much point in this for systems which use a Y or S plan.

The solution I have adopted is to use a CM927 for the heating side and a separate single channel timer for the hot water side, which can be located in the cupboard with the cylinder stat, motorized valves etc. The occasions anyone has to change the water heating times are so infrequent that the inconvenience of having to go upstairs to do so is minimal.

Correction :oops:

Danfoss also do the WP75-RF Programmable Hot Water Thermostat. It still needs a cable from the user control to the sensor on the hot water cylinder, which limits its usefulness. It also has a few gimmicks, such as an estimate of how full the cylinder is of hot water. :rolleyes:

Again, fairly useless for Y and S plans where the boiler is controlled via motorized valves, which are normally adjacent to the hot water cylinder. Though I suppose the ability to change times and temperatures "remotely" may be a selling point to some lazy customers. I can't see many installers relishing the idea of running another cable downstairs from the sensor on the HW cylinder to the kitchen or wherever.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back