Summer house walls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Building a summer house will have osb walls. what’s the purpose of the tyvek rap.
I’ve watched a few vids and they all staple tyveck to the osb then clad in whatever you like buts what’s the purpose of tyveck is it to more water proof the osb

Sponsored Links
Is that to have a good fixing for decorations on internal walls?

im going for 90mm pir insulation in the walls,

Its good for fixing and you can give it a couple of coats of emulsion too. 90 fine so you will use 4 x 2 for the frame work.

Sponsored Links
Sweet. Do I need any barrier of sorts on the inside. I’m going to plasterboard it I reckon

Tyvek is a breathable membrane allowing moisture to escape the structure but not allowing it to penetrate in. Recommendations for the inner wall is a plastic moisture barrier to stop moisture from the inside getting into the structure. This normally goes between the structure and your wall surface, be that plaster board or wood cladding

Cheers

Joff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back